Elements of Programming
Or, Alex Nelson’s working notes for programming.
You probably have come here by accident, as there’s really not much I have published worth reading.
Paraphrasing Wittgenstein, a good guide will take you through the more important streets more often than he takes you down side streets; a bad guide will do the opposite. In programming pedagogy, I’m a rather bad guide. Instead of trying to write some self-contained Bourbaki-esque programming site, I’ll just cover problems I’m currently facing in…whatever it is I do.
I also have a wiki of random notes on math and science, and an org notebook experiment to see if I like org-mode. They’re mildly polished, but not presentable in papers. More polished materials may appear in my notebook. I have a few publications relating to Mizar.
Send your angry emails to me at
PQNELSON AT GMAIL DOT REMOVE THIS DOT
(See also the posts by tags.)
- Make a Lisp (Reader), posted 4 December 2022
- How much does an array access cost?, posted 23 August 2021
- Monadic IO in Standard ML, posted 29 July 2021
- Pattern Matching in Lisp, posted 21 December 2020
- Introduction to Automated Theorem Provers, posted 27 March 2020
- Bayesian Testing Pitcher Performance, posted 22 November 2017
- News Macros for Emacs, posted 25 December 2016
- Language Specification — Automath, posted 16 July 2016
- Data Structures — Automath, posted 2 January 2016
- Tutorial — Automath, posted 27 December 2015
- Notes on LCF Tactics, posted 28 November 2015
- Baseball Cheat Sheet, posted 5 September 2015
- Lineups and Pitchers, Observations on Markov Chains, posted 17 August 2015
- An Introduction to Neural Networks, posted 1 August 2015
- Bernoulli Batters, Markov Coaches — Modeling Games by Plays, posted 5 July 2015
- Learning Satistics via Sabermetrics, posted 21 June 2015
- Automated Theorem Proving, The Davis Putnam Algorithm, posted 15 February 2015
- Automated Theorem Proving, Part 2 - Normal Forms, posted 9 February 2015
- Automated Theorem Proving, Prolegomena on Propositional Logic, posted 7 February 2015
- Notes on Automated Theorem Proving, Part 1 - Propositional Logic, posted 15 January 2015
- Toy Object System, posted 6 April 2014
- Toy Model of the JVM, Part I, posted 28 March 2014
- Oddball HTTP Requests in Compojure, posted 18 January 2014