Elements of Programming
Or, Alex Nelson’s working notes for programming.
You probably have come here by accident, as there’s really not much I have published worth reading.
Paraphrasing Wittgenstein, a good guide will take you through the more important streets more often than he takes you down side streets; a bad guide will do the opposite. In programming pedagogy, I’m a rather bad guide. Instead of trying to write some self-contained Bourbaki-esque programming site, I’ll just cover problems I’m currently facing in…whatever it is I do.
I also have a wiki of random notes on math and science. They’re mildly polished, but not presentable in papers. More polished materials may appear in my notebook.
Send your angry emails to me at
PQNELSON AT GMAIL DOT REMOVE THIS DOT
(See also the posts by tags.)
- News Macros for Emacs, posted 25 December 2016
- Language Specification — Automath, posted 16 July 2016
- Data Structures — Automath, posted 2 January 2016
- Tutorial — Automath, posted 27 December 2015
- Notes on LCF Tactics, posted 28 November 2015
- Baseball Cheat Sheet, posted 5 September 2015
- Lineups and Pitchers, Observations on Markov Chains, posted 17 August 2015
- An Introduction to Neural Networks, posted 1 August 2015
- Bernoulli Batters, Markov Coaches — Modeling Games by Plays, posted 5 July 2015
- Learning Satistics via Sabermetrics, posted 21 June 2015
- Automated Theorem Proving, The Davis Putnam Algorithm, posted 15 February 2015
- Automated Theorem Proving, Part 2 - Normal Forms, posted 9 February 2015
- Automated Theorem Proving, Prolegomena on Propositional Logic, posted 7 February 2015
- Notes on Automated Theorem Proving, Part 1 - Propositional Logic, posted 15 January 2015
- Toy Object System, posted 6 April 2014
- Toy Model of the JVM, Part I, posted 28 March 2014
- Oddball HTTP Requests in Compojure, posted 18 January 2014